DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

How to set VDSL VLAN Tag Insertion via Telnet

• lilleypedia
  • Topic Author
More
10 Nov 2015 01:06 #1 by lilleypedia
Hi....hoping someone out there can help with a better understanding of the draytek telnet commands.
In the company I work for we use alot of draytek 2860's as we are constantly setting up new branches. As such we tend to prep all our equipment in advance to be sent out to each new location and this can get a bit tedious. I've been writing a script to automate the initial prep of the draytek via telnet just to speed things up a little and have gotten most of the functions sorted however...

when setting vlan tag insertion on WAN1 if you use the functions listed in the guide to enable/disable or the function to set tag entry (see both below) it enables these settings for both the ADSL and VDSL2 options at the same time. But through the GUI you can set these two independently of each other.

wan vlan wan [#] tag [value]
wan vlan wan [#] [enable|disable]

Is there a way via telnet to just modify the VDSL2 settings without touching the ADSL settings at all?
any help here would be appreciated as if this can't be done by telnet it somewhat shoots my plan in the foot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2015 09:45 #2 by voodle
Checking the manual for the 2860 (which has telnet commands at the end) and on my 2860, I agree, I can't see a way to set that particular setting - draytek are usually quite helpful about adding support for things that are in the WUI but not the CLI but maybe another way to solve this would be by loading a prepared config file onto the router and setting up the rest in telnet?

• lilleypedia
  • Topic Author
More
10 Nov 2015 10:50 #3 by lilleypedia
Replied by lilleypedia on topic Re: How to set VDSL VLAN Tag Insertion via Telnet
yeah that's what I've got set up at the moment.

Using a config backup to set up all the settings that are universal between all our setups and then an app to quickly configure the unique settings.
This is still a hell of a lot quicker than prepping manually which is great. I was just hoping to streamline the process that little bit further and make the app do everything from start to finish.

Looking at the manual and the options on telnet it's not looking likely though :(