Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2960 Notifcations/alerts by email not working

• itassistant
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Nov 2015 12:13 #1 by itassistant
I have configured Mail Alert under System Maintenance -> Syslog/Mail Alert -> Mail Alert
This is working fine, I can use the test email button to send a test email and I have also received a message when I log into the web interface of the router.

However, when I have setup the SMS/Mail Alert Service under Applications -> SMS/Mail Alert Service I am getting the following error in the SysLog when I send a test email:

<13>Nov 19 11:35:17 Vigor: TestMail: to recipeient@email.address.com :envelope from address sender@email.address.com not accepted by the server

I have checked the details of and even recreated the Mail Service Object with the exact same details that are configured for the System Maintenenace Mail Alert but it still does not work. I have also tried using the same address for the recipient and sender and also tried sending the email to a different address on a different domain. All resulting in the same error message.

From what I have read most servers now require the envelope-from address field setting as well as the from address field for SMTP emails to be sent properly. I am wondering if the router firmware is not doing this for the Alert Service but is doing it for the System Maintenance Alerts, which would explain why it works in one place but not the other.

I would appreciate if anyone knows of any work arounds for this, or alternate settings that need to be made, or has the same problem (or would be willing to test this).

I am on the latest firmware according to the router which is 1.1.0.2.

Many thanks, Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.