CSM DNS Filter Issues

• allegor
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Nov 2015 13:33 #1 by allegor
CSM DNS Filter Issues was created by allegor
I'm having an issue implementing the DNS Filter alongside my Cyren website categorisation blocks. It appears to be working as expected and blocking my HTTP sites, and the common consensus (including my own experience), tells me that the DNS Filter needs to be turned on and assigned to the same Web Content Filter profile.

However, the issue I have is that when I do this, my remote router access is blocked with the below error message (where X is my public IP and Y is the router public IP):

The requested Web page
from X.X.X.X
to Y.Y.Y.Y/
that is categorized with [Black List]
has been blocked by DNS Filter.

Please contact your system administrator for further information.

As far as I know I did not set any black list, and have even used a Web Content Filter profile with only Social Networking ticked. It also prevents all of my remote access tools into the site when I turn on the DNS Filter, so no RDP or RMM tools continue to work. I can easily revert as Remote Telnet works still and lets me revert the setting instantly.

The setup is with a Virgin Superhub passing all traffic down to the Draytek 2830, which acts as the Default Gateway for the network.

Has anyone seen anything similar using the DNS Filter settings?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2015 10:37 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: CSM DNS Filter Issues
That's some weird aspect of the DNS filter that I haven't figured out - the remote management of the router becomes limited to a hostname that you need to specify on the system maintenance > management page. It does work with the hostname that you enter in there though, I used to use it with a DDNS hostname.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.