PS3 and PS4 IP Fragments Not Supported Error

• kena1uk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Nov 2015 13:41 #1 by kena1uk
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone could possibly help me out please.

I have the BT Infinity Fibre service but instead of using their homehub5 I've got myself a Vigor2860n-plus. I've set it all up and everything seems to be working ok, however when I do an 'Internet Connection Test' on my Playstation 3 and Playstation 4 they both come up with an error saying:

'The router in use may not support IP fragments and the communication features of some games may be restricted. For details, contact the router manufacturer'

The internet connection test should then give an estimate of upload and download speed but its unable to do so because of this error. It does say I have Nat Type 2 if that's of any help.

I can still play games online, use BBC iplayer etc etc but just wondered if anyone knew how to fix this error?

Is there a simple setting I need to change in the router somewhere?

Hope you can help,
Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2015 07:40 #2 by admin
Ages ago there was a setting somewhere relating to fragments... I've no idea where the
setting is or whether it's still there...but worth looking for...

Forum Administrator

• kena1uk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Nov 2015 11:27 #3 by kena1uk
Hi there,

thanks for your reply! I've just looked through all the menus and found an option under Firewall > General Setup called 'Accept large incoming fragmented UDP or ICMP packets (used in some games and streaming)'. I'm guessing this is must be what you are referring too, but its already clicked on. Maybe there's another setting somewhere I need to tweak, I'm not sure?

Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Any other people got any ideas I can try?

• piste basher
  • Away
More
29 Nov 2015 16:44 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: PS3 and PS4 IP Fragments Not Supported Error
Somebody on the Zen Internet forum posted a while back about problems he was having with a PlayStation, seemed to have something to do with the NAT being "Open" or not, as the case may be. I've no idea what "open NAT" might be but it could be worth searching on this ?

• kena1uk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Nov 2015 20:01 #5 by kena1uk
Thanks Piste,

hummm I'm not sure, I'll have to look into that

Thanks for the info!

Ken

• melonfarmer
  • User
  • User
More
01 Dec 2015 19:25 #6 by melonfarmer
Replied by melonfarmer on topic Re: PS3 and PS4 IP Fragments Not Supported Error
I got the same error when I lowered the MTU settings on the PS4. Putting MTU setting back to it intended size got rid of error.