Port Redirection and Open Ports FAILING - 2860

• wammers
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Nov 2015 09:41 #1 by wammers
Hi All,

I'm at my wits end here, I've spent a good few hours trying to get an FTPS server made available. It did work a few months back, generally when I have finished with it I disable the rule. I've done everything I can to try and get something to work, anything but all I get is connection timeouts, I'm testing via port check sites and they can't see anything open and I've tried multiple rules to see if I get anything and they all fail. The only thing I can get working is the external management on 443, that works fine. I've done the following so far and tested with clients and port check sites.

deleted and recreated the rule - FAIL
created a simple rule MSTSC 3389 - FAIL
tried both port redirection and open ports and a combination of the two - FAIL
reset to default settings at reboot and reconfigured the router from scratch - FAIL
downgraded the firmware to 3.7.8 and reconfigured from scratch - FAIL

Any ideas folks before I drop kick it down the road

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wammers
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Dec 2015 17:49 #2 by wammers
For those with any interest ................

I updated the title of this thread to contain the model number, 2860. The reason being is that the more I read about them the more I think what a total waste of money they are. I've had Drayteks before and found them excellent products but this model is total pants.

My port redirection and open ports config has sprung back into life after spending a good couple of hours restoring config backups I've made previously, now I only did this because after manually rebuilding the config I started getting weird WIFI drop outs which I had early on in my ownership of the 2860. So I hunted round for my backups taken, during this I found more than a couple of times the config failed to restore, I found some restoring the default password which is odd. A config from a month back I applied kicked started something as my ports appeared, there is nothing dramatic in this config, its very basic and exactly how I had built the config manually. I've deleted the ports and recreated them with success and modified them also with success. I was going to leave it there, happy that the basic features was know available BUT then I remembered I also couldn't get the VLANs to work properly not so long back and when I added a guest WIFI that also caused problems. The worst was the fact that by default 443 was open on an earlier build for the VPN setup, but what it did was present the management interface publicly, support (via email) told me this was impossible, well they're wrong! I'm also down on speed compared BT HH5.

A very disappointed customer. Moan over. Good luck with yours.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.