• ashd
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Dec 2015 23:30 #1 by ashd
2860ln LTE setup with EE SIM was created by ashd
Help!

Just acquired a 2860ln as i'm about to move house to an area with rubbish (2-3mb) fixed broadband, but tested to 28mb on a 4G signal from EE on my phone in the new driveway.

Got a new PAYG SIM from EE (xmas special 100gb) but cant get an internet connection. Have received a few welcome SMS's and managed to send a test SMS to my phone but can't get a data / internet connection.

I can't find any user guide / set up instructions specific to this device, have looked at the 3g / 4g USB dongle setup info, but the LTE SIM setup looks slightly different.

Anyone out there managed to successfully set theirs up? Have found any notes on the web?

Much appreciated.

AshD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2015 12:15 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: 2860ln LTE setup with EE SIM
I've been using one of the 100GB sims with a 2860Ln, all I had to do was enter the APN and authentication details:
APN: everywhere
username: eesecure
password: secure

And with that, it just worked? It had one of EE's internal addresses and would switch between 3G and 4G (depending on what EE's network decided was best at the time), I got pretty good speeds with that, usually around 20-40mbps.

Forum Administrator

• ashd
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Dec 2015 21:01 #3 by ashd
Replied by ashd on topic Re: 2860ln LTE setup with EE SIM
Thanks admin3, I'm pretty sure I had the APN settings as you say. Left it at work tonight so will give it another shot in the morning when I get in. At my work location I got a better EE signal than at current home. I did see that I'd got an IP address from EE by the looks of it, together with EE DNS server addresses, but no data flowing.

I'll post again in the morning, thanks again