DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2860acdropping out of Bt infinity.

• djkus
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Dec 2015 10:26 #1 by djkus
Hi, I set up my new Draytek 2860AC to connect to vdsl, bt openreach.
It connects fine but never has an uptime of more than a few hours, keeps losing connection then reconnecting.

Im using
567517_A/B/C HW: A modem code and i have disabled hardware acceleration.

Is there something I have not done? Im using vlan 101 and all other things suggested on forum.

I get 55mb down and 12mbup which is what i should be getting and when it works, it works great.

Any help would be appreciated.
Im on latest firmware .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• williamthird
  • User
  • User
More
21 Dec 2015 16:09 #2 by williamthird
Replied by williamthird on topic Re: Draytek 2860acdropping out of Bt infinity.
I am having a similar issue. I don't know if you have to use filters with BT infinity but if you do and have a phone or Fax machine connected un plug them and you should find that our internet connection has stabilized. This is working for us but cant see to find out anything how to fix the issue or why it is happening. We have changed the master socket the filter 3 times and renewed the cable from the master to where the BT cable enters our building.
Sorry I can't be of anymore help.

• tobythetenor
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jan 2016 13:46 #3 by tobythetenor
Replied by tobythetenor on topic Re: Draytek 2860acdropping out of Bt infinity.
Check which chipset the DSLAM (street cabinet) is using (via telnet), and google for setting this way.
Code:
vdsl status ... DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR : < IFTN >

Mine is IFTN (Infineon), I'm using firmware AnnexA_573807_571701.
I had to turn SRA off though to make it stable, here my settings:

Code:
> vdsl optn status trellis [US] = ON, [DS] = ON. bitswap [US] = 1, [DS] = 1. [0: default(ON), 1: ON, 2: OFF] sra [US] = 2, [DS] = 2. [0: default(=3), 2: OFF, 3: ON , 4: DYNAMIC_SOS] retx [US] = ON, [DS] = ON. aelem ON G.Vector ON >

Connected now for 42 days, and the last disconnection was due to firmware update on the router :)