Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WCF - Authorisation

• scothular
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jan 2016 01:00 #1 by scothular
WCF - Authorisation was created by scothular
Hi,

Had a look and I can't see that this have been covered elsewhere, apologies if it has.

I am using a 2925n+ with the Cyren WCF licensed installed and enabled.

In the default firewall rule I can add the Cyren profile as a Web Filter and it works as expected, no nasties allowed.

However, I would also like to have a user profile configured that allows full override of the filters if need be, for any other users on the network I do not wish them to have to authenticate.

I can see how it works to degree, I set up an active firewall rule that uses the filter, I can then set up an inactive rule that does not use the filter and assign it to a profile.

However when I head to a site (say facebook) that is blocked and I see no way to authenticate using an account in order to override the block. I suspect what I need is a link on the block page that take me to the authentication portal, but cannot for the life of me make this work, or perhaps I am approaching this in entirely the wrong way?

I am sure I am not the only one who wishes to have the scenario, so I assume I am missing something, any assistance would be very much appreciated.

TIA

Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2016 10:40 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: WCF - Authorisation
You can set up user management, but then everyone has to log in before getting Internet access. Or do it by IP address where a specific PC is able to visit
the saucy sites that others can't :-)

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.