Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860series LTE / 4G modems worked not on list

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Jan 2016 17:23 #1 by ghostworks
Anyone got any other LTE/4G modems to work , I'm currently in South Africa and can get 2860 from a supplier but require 4G data for now till phone line gets installed ( 6 months waiting list )

MTN has best coverage in the area needed , can't get Huawei products direct or in shops only what ISP / cell services supply
MTN supply the following....

L850V
Y858
E5330
B593s
X602

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• moof
  • User
  • User
More
10 Feb 2016 10:33 #2 by moof
only one I can say worked for me was:

ZTE MF823

I tried a number of other 4Gs and couldn't get my 2860nPlus to work with them (it acknowledged their presence)...

Draytek support advised this one in the end (it was difficult to source via the UK shops), but found an unlocked one on evilBay

• admin2
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
More
10 Feb 2016 13:58 #3 by admin2
Some of the newest 4G modems don't support the PPP mode because their firmware seems to only support the virtual Eth type interface and doesn't have a serial type mode which the PPP method would work with. In these cases they'd have to be used in DHCP mode and often do work fine. Something to always try is both PPP and DHCP modes. If you come across a dongle that doesn't work then do contact support as they can check into it and investigate adding support.