User management draytek 2830n-plus

• mcgowas
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Jan 2016 22:32 #1 by mcgowas
User management draytek 2830n-plus was created by mcgowas
My situation is I have a very slow ADSL circuit, usually less the 1000kb down and un-limited download bandwidth, and a "Tooway" satellite feed coming in on WAN2 which I has a (6mb up/20mb down) 25 GB per month limit.

My objective is to have two sets of user accounts for my users, one which points out of WAN1, let’s call this "ADSL" which is slow but unlimited. The second connection, lets call this "Tooway", has a 25GB per month cap, which is to be split between my users by giving them each a data allowance which can be set in the user profile, once they hit their limit they would need to then use their "ADSL" account for intenet access.

I have achieved this but the connection across WAN2 is woefully slow, if the "Tooway" feed is plugged direct into the workstation NIC it does indeed perform as expected (6mb up/20mb down (ish))

1.I have a updated and reset the router firmware with the v2830db_3682_232201.rst firmware update file.
2. Setup the WAN connections, failover disabled on each and WAN3 disabled (its not used here)
3. DoS and QoS is disabled (noted from other posts here)
4. Set up user management as per the Draytek document here http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1842&Itemid=293&lang=en I have created the two filter policies in the firewall to force the load balance policy to use the required WAN port
5. Have tried both the user and rule based user management policies to achieve this.
6. I have confirmed the polcies are working by checking the public IP i am connected to when logged in as each type of user and I am recieveing the correct public IP for each connection when logged in as either ADSL or TOOWAY

Any pointers would be very gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.