2860 and BT YouView (ADSL)

• csteinle
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Jan 2016 21:51 #1 by csteinle
2860 and BT YouView (ADSL) was created by csteinle
I've been trying to get 2860 set up to allow my YouView box to work over my BT ADSL connection, but can't get it to work. I've been using the settings described at http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17876 to no avail. Does anyone else have this working, and what did they do to get it up and running?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2016 07:52 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860 and BT YouView (ADSL)
Would have been better to post to that thread than start a new one - then the previous info is all together and previous posters would be alerted to your question.

Forum Administrator

More
18 Jan 2016 10:40 #3 by jashfield730
Replied by jashfield730 on topic Re: 2860 and BT YouView (ADSL)
Have you tried this guys solution??
I used to have a youview box dont use it anymore but I did get all the options on the box to work with my 2860n.
Of course i am assuming you have updated your router firmware.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Multicast-Settings-for-3rd-Party-Routers-may-not-work/m-p/1110814/highlight/true#M8440

More
18 Jan 2016 18:31 #4 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860 and BT YouView (ADSL)
I've used NowTV... but I think that's different technology.

Forum Administrator

• csteinle
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jan 2016 15:02 #5 by csteinle
Replied by csteinle on topic Re: 2860 and BT YouView (ADSL)

admin wrote: Would have been better to post to that thread than start a new one - then the previous info is all together and previous posters would be alerted to your question.

Apologies. As I'm using a 2860 rather than a 2830 I was assuming the older thread was correct in it's own context, and I was missing something required for a 2860. The options available aren't exactly as described on that thread.

jashfield730 wrote: Have you tried this guys solution??
I used to have a youview box dont use it anymore but I did get all the options on the box to work with my 2860n.
Of course i am assuming you have updated your router firmware.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Multicast-Settings-for-3rd-Party-Routers-may-not-work/m-p/1110814/highlight/true#M8440

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. It appears that when using VDSL the multicast streams are available without any extra effort on the WAN side, but they seem to require a separate WAN setup when using ADSL to even see them. The settings in the original thread don't seem to connect.

admin wrote: I've used NowTV... but I think that's different technology.

Yeah, it's very different. Youview is a multicast service that I think is injected at the exchange.