Vigor 130 missing pppoe pass through option

• churchy89
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Jan 2016 19:01 #1 by churchy89
Hello,

I am trying to setup a Vigor 130 modem in conjunction with an Asus RT-AC87u router to use with my BT broadband (ADSL2+) connection but I'm having some problems.

I've read through several guides that I've found on the internet and they all seem to refer to a check box for pppoe pass through for wired LAN that should be visible under the 'Internet Access>>PPPoE/PPPoA' section of the UI. However, this option seems to be completely missing for me. I've tried updating to the latest firmware but still no dice. I'm sure I'm probably just missing something obvious but I can't for the life of me work out why its not where its supposed to be. Should I try reverting to an earlier firmware version?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Churchy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jan 2016 05:47 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 missing pppoe pass through option
Which ISP are you with?

The Vigor130 normally requires no setting up at all. Simply attach leads and turn on, the rest is automatic.

I had the AC87U on VDSL2 and never set anything. The modem also auto switches between ADSL2/VDSL2

In Internet Access>General Set Up leave settings to Auto. In Internet Access PPOA/PPOE , make sure the top box is selected > PPPoE/PPPoA Client > Enable .

In Lan > General Set Up Enable the DHCP SERVER.

• churchy89
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jan 2016 12:16 #3 by churchy89
Replied by churchy89 on topic Re: Vigor 130 missing pppoe pass through option
I'm with BT.

I originally assumed it would just be a case of plugging everything in and setting the pppoe details in my routers WAN section but when that didn't work I started to look for the reason why. As I said in my original post, the Vigor 130 GUI seems to be missing certain elements that are present in various screenshots and guides I've seen across the internet, partiularly the missing pppoe pass through checkbox. Can anyone with a Vigor 130 on the latest firmware confirm that this check box is present in their GUI? I'm now wondering if my Vigor may just be a faulty unit. Anyone any ideas?

• churchy89
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jan 2016 13:05 #4 by churchy89
Replied by churchy89 on topic Re: Vigor 130 missing pppoe pass through option
Got it sorted!

Weirdly it seems it was a faulty RJ11 cable. As I was at a complete loss as to why it wasn't working I decided to start swapping out cables one at a time on the off chance that one of them wasn't working properly. Changed the RJ11 cable with a spare that I had knocking around and hey presto! jobs a good 'un.

Cheers

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jan 2016 15:02 #5 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 missing pppoe pass through option
Ah, the intermittent cable syndrome ))

Odd how that happens, cable is static, doesn't get pulled about, plug it into new kit and it won't work.

I had the same with a brand new data cable for my smart phone. Used it @ 4 times to connect to PC, then can't transfer data/files etc.

Having added a new PClink app I was convinced that the new app was the issue, wasted ages trying to see the problem, ended up digging out another cable and problem solved :oops: