SSL Application | RDP | Draytek 3900 fw 1.2.0

• andyhud
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jan 2016 09:18 #1 by andyhud
Hi Guys

I'm testing the SSL Application option for RDP so I can login to the router over the internet and click links within the router web portal to RDP over TCP 3389 to my Windows 2012 R2 Servers

I normally use a Windows 2012 Remote Desktop Gateway but wanted to see if there was another option should that gateway be unavailable

I have added a couple of servers (running Windows 2012 R2) into the draytek (that have the 3900 as their default gateway) and I can login as a user and see them

but when I click on them and Java loads (latest version as of 26/1/16) I get Connection Exception / Connection Failed.

I've check NLA auth is OFF on the servers, no difference, and tried different security settings in the web browsers and tried turning off TLS v1.0 in Java / Advanced / Security but still no joy

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fchef
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
28 Jan 2016 21:42 #2 by fchef
Have you checked this
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2035&Itemid=293&lang=en

Also do you by any chance has some sort of allowed RDP in IP addresses in the windows server firewall? In that case you should also add the router's IP (eg 192.168.1.1)

• andyhud
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Feb 2016 14:38 #3 by andyhud
Hi Fchef

Are you implying I need to SSL "VPN" into the router first?

I was just connecting to the WAN IP of the router, logging in with an account I created under SSL Application settings (which did log me in) and then launch the connection to the server over RDP.

I will try via the VPN also, but I believe you shouldnt need to VPN into the Router first (at least on a Draytek 3900) unless you think otherwise?

Happy to test!

Cheers

• glennstockinger
  • User
  • User
More
25 Oct 2016 17:40 #4 by glennstockinger
Replied by glennstockinger on topic Re: SSL Application | RDP | Draytek 3900 fw 1.2.0
any luck with this, having the same issue