Globalview usage

• sevilla315
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jan 2016 09:55 #1 by sevilla315
Globalview usage was created by sevilla315
I have some usage queries regarding Globalview.
Since upgrading to w10 which caused some problems with the system I had been using (Norton Family) I decided to try out Globalview, which appears to be the ticket as it was based on the router, not the individual machines.

Firstly I can't seem to be able to have 2 rules, 1 for children based on a CSM Web profile, and all the rest (eg parents) go though working simultaneously. I can get the child group to be blocked as expected, but the other profiles can't login. When I get the parents' userids to login, the children logins aren't recognised.

Rules are:
1) default netbios rule
2) pass children, pass immediately, child group, child web profile; child web profile blocks a range of categories to start with
3) pass parents, pass immeiately, parent group
4) pass all, pass immediately

Secondly, mobile devices also are forced to login, which is great as previously phones, ipads, etc were not restricted, however there are many other wifi devices such as printer, sonos wifi music system, internet tv, etc, etc which now will not be able to login as one won't be able to be provided from these devices.

Will I have to force these devices to a specific MAC->IP address and create a rule to pass these IPs immediately?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.