DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Predictable TCP Initial Sequence Numbers

More
18 Feb 2016 19:28 #13 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: Predictable TCP Initial Sequence Numbers
Don't get me wrong admin, it's the last thing I want to do and I've been a loyal customer now for about 8ish years and nearly my networking is based on Draytek kit.

However as per the previous notes this is a code regression problem (so there a fault in Draytek quality control somewhere) and your market for the 2925 is Businesses. The cycle goes something like:

- Businesses need to process credit cards
- Banks don't wait for manufacturers to fix firmware so they fine you TODAY for non compliance.
- Banks keep on fining you until you are compliant.

For now at least I can go back to the 2850 and regain my compliance, but if I have to go back to the 2850 whats the point of having an asset I can't use?

Ergo send the 2925 back. But I'm not doing this straight away, help me get it fixed or provide me with a schedule for the fix and I'll assess if I can wait.

Iain

Iain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jason.fell
  • User
  • User
More
01 Mar 2016 12:13 #14 by jason.fell
Replied by jason.fell on topic Re: Predictable TCP Initial Sequence Numbers
hey admin,

not sure about a "genuine problem, they'll fix it" I have had a problem outstanding with the support team for months, they even stated to me that they 'tested' the config, but applying the new configuration (about a month ago) did not work ...all I now get is that they are in discussion about it.... and even when I do email for an update I get nothing....

my response to your comment, I am not so sure about it.

More
01 Mar 2016 12:33 #15 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: Predictable TCP Initial Sequence Numbers
Hi Jason,

Not sure what your problem is, but Draytek have been fantastic over this problem.

Within a week, they issued me with beta software for the 2850 (and I wasn't even expecting them to fix the 2850), it worked! And I few days later they sent me a beta to fix the 2925.

I was seriously impressed with their response.

Iain

Iain