Vigor 3900 and Vodafone SureSignal v3s

• riprap
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Feb 2016 01:35 #1 by riprap
I am hopeful for some help!

I have two Vodafone Sure Signals and I have totally failed to get them to work with the 3900. I am no expert (which is probably my problem) but I had hoped that after spending much time searching the internet I might find something to help.

I have performed the following actions:

I have assigned both Sure Signals with static internal IPs
I have set up IP Objects for the two units and the Vodafone servers (in some cases using an IP range where the server IPs are consecutive)
I have set up Service Type Objects for all the ports Vodafone say are required (leaving the source port start and end at 1 and 65535 for each)
I have set up firewall rules for the IP objects (Vodafone servers as source and SureSignals as target) for the Service type objects
I have set up port redirections for all the ports redirecting the public IPs I want to use to the internal IPs of the Suresignals
I have set up 2 Policy Rules setting each Source IP Object to the appropriate SureSignal, destination type to Object and the IP Objects to the Vodafone servers and lastly the Rule Route to User Defined in NAT mode and using the IP Alias set to the public IPs I want to use for each.

However, all I get is the power light flashing and the service and user light both static orange

I have tried the vodafone forum but no one seems to have experience of the 3900. Someone did suggest setting up the Suresignals in the DMZ as they suggested that this would expose them directly to the internet with the public IPs I wanted to use without the need to set up the redirection or firewall rules (which I left in place anyway) so I could see if that worked.

It did make a difference in that the power light is now solid red with the internet light slowly flashing white (and the service and user lights off) but it gets no further.

I know that the most probably explanation is that my lack of knowledge means that I am not setting up the 3900 correctly, but I am at a loss to know what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
09 Feb 2016 16:02 #2 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Vigor 3900 and Vodafone SureSignal v3s
IMO these SureSignals area complete pain - they never work properly!
You should just be ale to plug into a switch let it get an IP from DHCP and it works.
By default the routers don't block anything outbound LAN>WAN so you shouldn't even need to redirect ports.

We have a couple 2860s with sure signals on the Lan and the below are just stuck in Openports with the destination as the IP of the SureSignal Box.
Open ports are inbound connection and nothing is configured in the firewall either

TCP 8
TCP 50
TCP 123 > 132
TCP 500
TCP 4500
TCP 1723 (why PPTP I don't know)

Nothing is logged in the syslog fore the above and I reckon it would still work if I switched them off but we just pout them in for Vodafone supports sake.

Have you tried a polices for the Suresignals Any to Any and Any from Any for just their Lan ip address just as a test?

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
09 Feb 2016 16:04 #3 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Vigor 3900 and Vodafone SureSignal v3s
PS This is the only NAT session the router currently lists and its outbound

Private IP :Port #Pseudo Port Peer IP :Port Interface
192.168.0.25 (SureSignal) 4500 38868 212.183.133.177 4500 WAN1