Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Problem replacing BT Homehub 5 with Vigor 2860N

• mmcdona6
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Feb 2016 22:13 #1 by mmcdona6
I have been using my 2860N router in place of an old BT Homehub (v3 perhaps?), for the past few months with no problems. Today BT came and upgraded my internet connection and installed a BT Homehub v5 (without a separate Openreach VDSL modem). I immediately put back in the 2860N and followed the instructions on the Draytek site for replacing the ISPs router for a VDSL service. The WAN connection shows as working with a download speed of 18Mb. All OK up to here; when I connect to the router using my laptops wifi, I can connect to the internet and load web pages at a good speed, however, when I switch off the wifi and connect to the router using a Cat 6 patch cable (connected to LAN port 2 on the 2860N), I am having problems. The laptop is allocated an IP address OK, I can connect to the router admin pages OK, I can ping 8.8.8.8 OK, but I cannot load any web pages, they start loading, but about half way down the first page, it freezes. If I refresh the page, it feezes at the same place again.

There is nothing strange with my router set-up, most of the settings are default.

I tried putting back in the BT Homehub 5 and both wired and wireless are working OK.

Does anyone have a suggestion what I might be doing wrong?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2016 18:57 #2 by admin
What did they 'upgrade' your connect from/to?
If it's ADSL to VDSL, for example, the settings are different but if it's only 18Mb/s
I assume it's not VDSL/FTTC

Forum Administrator

• mmcdona6
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Feb 2016 19:59 #3 by mmcdona6
The problem has miraculously gone away today, so I guess it was teething problems with the new line.