DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VDSL performance problem with 2860ac (3.8.2_VT2)

• reado
  • Topic Author
More
21 Feb 2016 10:23 #1 by reado
I recently bought a 2760n but discovered it could not provide me with the wireless performance I was hoping, even though the VSDL connection was rock solid - 70Mbps down and 20Mbps up on a Fast profile with the 3.8.1_VT2 firmware for a whopping 14 days straight - a perfectly stable connection. Unfortunately the router has now been returned.

Yesterday I purchased a 2860ac in the hope it would sort out the wireless issue. It has! However the VDSL connection is all over the place. Upon receiving the router, it was loaded with 3.8.1_VT1. The connection speed was 70/11! I upgraded it to 3.8.2_VT2 with the default modem code and the speed increased to 70/19 on a Fast profile. However 5 hours ago the router reconnected at 60/16 and Interleave has been applied to both the up and downstream.

I understand by swapping hardware and frequently rebooting it can cause DLM to think there is a problem and reduce the speed or apply Interleaving. However 5 hours ago I was asleep and nothing has changed since yesterday. The router is connected using the RJ11 cable that came with it into a MK3 Openreach socket (the same one I used with the 2760). The router is not in the vicinity of any interference-generating devices either.

I would really appreciate some assistance in getting the VDSL connection problems resolved. If you need anything else, please let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• reado
  • Topic Author
More
21 Feb 2016 11:32 #2 by reado
The release notes for firmware 3.8.2 on the UK website state that VT2 is recommended.

However the release notes from the DrayTek FTP site says VT1 is recommended by SEG and there is no mention of a recommendation to use VT2.

Why is that? What firmware should I be using?

• gembrain
  • User
  • User
More
26 Feb 2016 16:17 #3 by gembrain
I would be interested with this as well. I'm on ADSL2+ but I've got Zen VDSL coming shortly. Just upgraded the firmware on my 2860n+ to 3.82 VT2 and the connection speed is now running like a slug as well as having a variable connection speed.

More
26 Feb 2016 18:07 #4 by admin
Both models have the same DSL chipset.

Forum Administrator

• gembrain
  • User
  • User
More
26 Feb 2016 18:15 #5 by gembrain

admin wrote: Both models have the same DSL chipset.

You mean 2860ac and 2860n are the same or that the 2760 has the same chipset as well ?

• gembrain
  • User
  • User
More
26 Feb 2016 18:18 #6 by gembrain

Reado wrote: The release notes for firmware 3.8.2 on the UK website state that VT2 is recommended.

However the release notes from the DrayTek FTP site says VT1 is recommended by SEG and there is no mention of a recommendation to use VT2.

Why is that? What firmware should I be using?

Hi Admin,

Could we have a reply on the above comment?

Thanks