DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VDSL performance problem with 2860ac (3.8.2_VT2)

• mcquaim
  • User
  • User
More
26 Feb 2016 18:29 #7 by mcquaim
I am having the same issues although my 2860ac has never synced at the correct speeds!

I've an open ticket with support and the issue is that the 2860ac will not activate vectoring for me. I have a Netgear D6400 and a Technicolor router that both enable vectoring fine and sync at the correct speeds!

The result for me is that I'm down approximately 20Mbps down and 5Mbps up!

Are you in the UK?

I'm in Ireland and they support guys reckon it has something to do with the MSAN setup here but I don't think this is the case and my ISP support don't either!

I'm interested in what you respond with!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• reado
  • Topic Author
More
26 Feb 2016 20:50 #8 by reado
My latest stats are below. I spoke to DrayTek support recently and they reckoned my sudden drop in VDSL performance was because I had been rebooting so much. Obviously DLM thinks the line is unstable. They suggested leaving it for a few days without rebooting and since then the connection has dropped once a day in the early hours and reconnected at a faster speed.

The attainable downstream rate keeps fluctuating though. Yesterday it said 71 but today it's 63. Could it be down to the chipset of the ECI cabinet?

DrayTek say there is a new firmware coming out soon for the 2860 which contains a VT3 modem code. Maybe this will be the answer? Also Openreach are releasing the NTE5C soon which essentially is the DSL faceplate MK4.

Code:
---------------------- ATU-R Info (hw: annex A, f/w: annex A/B/C) ----------- Running Mode : 17A State : SHOWTIME DS Actual Rate : 64721000 bps US Actual Rate : 18898000 bps DS Attainable Rate : 63919744 bps US Attainable Rate : 18373095 bps DS Path Mode : Fast US Path Mode : Fast DS Interleave Depth : 1 US Interleave Depth : 1 NE Current Attenuation : 19 dB Cur SNR Margin : 5 dB DS actual PSD : 7. 2 dB US actual PSD : 13. 8 dB NE CRC Count : 933 FE CRC Count : 2873 NE ES Count : 662 FE ES Count : 2684 Xdsl Reset Times : 0 Xdsl Link Times : 3 ITU Version[0] : b5004946 ITU Version[1] : 544e0000 VDSL Firmware Version : 05-07-04-03-00-07 [with Vectoring support] Power Management Mode : DSL_G997_PMS_L0 Test Mode : DISABLE -------------------------------- ATU-C Info --------------------------------- Far Current Attenuation : 23 dB Far SNR Margin : 5 dB CO ITU Version[0] : b5004946 CO ITU Version[1] : 544eb204 DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR : < IFTN > DrayTek>

• mcquaim
  • User
  • User
More
26 Feb 2016 21:02 #9 by mcquaim
The VT3 firmware is up on the FTP server if you want to try it!

Unfortunately it didn't help me at all, the same lower sync speeds regardless! I've been on the VT3 firmware all week and it hasn't settled yet at all and vectoring isn't getting enable!

Try the VT3 firmware and it would be great if you would let me know how you get on!

• jason.fell
  • User
  • User
More
29 Feb 2016 16:07 #10 by jason.fell
which ftp server, I wanna try it...

• mcquaim
  • User
  • User
More
29 Feb 2016 16:15 #11 by mcquaim

jason.fell wrote: which ftp server, I wanna try it...

It was here a week or so back, must have been taken down! I have a copy on my laptop I can post on Wednesday when I'm home if you'd like it!

Here is the server though:
Code:
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2860/

• jason.fell
  • User
  • User
More
29 Feb 2016 16:37 #12 by jason.fell
must have been a suspect build...thanks anyway, I think I'll leave it