DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3900 pair in active ha mode - smartmonitor setup?

• clarkyjp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Feb 2016 23:19 #1 by clarkyjp
Hi,

Just wondering how I can monitor both 3900 using smartmonitor using just a single computer.

Both 3900s are in ha mode via a switch and I want to monitor traffic passing through both.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2016 10:36 #2 by admin
Hmm...interesting question. Maybe using a L2 switch... VLAN the two feeds incoming from the two routers, then aggregate them into a single output port to the PCs and let the PC then split them by tag... ? ( I've only half thought this through :-) ).

Forum Administrator

• clarkyjp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Feb 2016 14:42 #3 by clarkyjp
I know the SPAN config on the CISCO router will allow me to aggregate both mirror ports from the 3900 pair onto a single port to monitor but I am not too sure how the smartmonitor software copes with 2 feeds at the same time.

Will smartmonitor manage to record stats and activity for multiple mirror ports aggregated onto a single Cisco SPAN port?

I will install and see how things go but I was hoping someone may know the product actually works before I install.

Thanks.

More
26 Feb 2016 18:01 #4 by admin
I doubt SM will be very happy to be honest; I think if it works everything will be lumped together. I don't think this is specific to HA; I think it's just not designed for more than one router.

Forum Administrator