• vigoruser2800vg
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Mar 2016 18:56 #1 by vigoruser2800vg
vigor 2800 vg probs was created by vigoruser2800vg
hi,
having probs with asdl connection standard broad band, contacted bt tech who told me to plug router vigor 2800vg into master socket via filter , changed cables tried different computer, but cannot get speed past 2mb was getting 6 mb. now getting drop outs all the time, could this be my router on the way out or just bt fobbing me off

thanks

ps sorry i think i have posted this twice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
03 Mar 2016 22:43 #2 by e.ringrose
Replied by e.ringrose on topic Re: vigor 2800 vg probs
First thing is to disconnect the ADSL cable (RJ11) for a minimum of 30 minutes so the exchange resets the fault count.

Do a line test, do you have a noisy line or crackles as these can destroy your speed. If so report this as a voice fault.

Once this has elapsed connect the router and have a look at the line details SNR and errors.

More
04 Mar 2016 09:32 #3 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: vigor 2800 vg probs
Vigor 2800 is about 10 years old and probably doesn't support INP or any later developments though I'm surprised it's suddenly changed now - I'd have assumed that BT now have a universally mature ADSL network by now, but possibly they replaced/updated a line card, in which case maybe there's nothing you can do. Or, like the other person said, it may be just a line degradation and they can fix it..

Forum Administrator