Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 with USB SMB for Sonos

• gabor_1975
  • Topic Author
More
06 Mar 2016 13:34 #1 by gabor_1975
2860 with USB SMB for Sonos was created by gabor_1975
Hello!

I have got an 2860 Router with 3.8.2_VT2 firmware. I am trying to use the usb slots for sharing music to a Sonos system. I can reach the files from the usb on my computer (Windows7), but when I try to set up the music library on the sonos, it always says "Sonos was unable to add the music folder Please check that the path to the folder, and the username and password if needed, are correct. Reason: The computer "x.x.x.x" refused to let Sonos connect to it.". As I see everything is correctly set up, the route i can use on my computer, and the username password fine as well. Is this working for anyone? This would be cheaper than buying a nas drive :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
10 Mar 2016 22:47 #2 by e.ringrose
Replied by e.ringrose on topic Re: 2860 with USB SMB for Sonos
The SMB service on 2860 supports SMBv1 and SMBv2.

It's possible that the Sonos is trying to use SMB3 by default which can cause the logon issues.

Sometimes Sonos can object if the host name contains anything other that alphanumeric characters or "_" (underscore).

Try specifying the network location in Sonos Library Setup using the IP address, e.g. //192.168.1.1/share_name (substitute as appropriate).

Also try username formatted as device\Username

See SMB Client Support List under the USB Application menu on the router for more details.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/79/~/using-a-nas-drive-with-sonos

Also worth updating to the latest firmware 3.8.2.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.