• icarusbop
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Mar 2016 10:23 #1 by icarusbop
SSH login error- "shell refused" was created by icarusbop
Hello:

I am trying to log in to my 2860n with Putty and with an app from my android device.

When Putty connects I get an error "server refused to allocate PTY". But putty stays connected and I can work in the terminal.

On my android I have an app to allow connection, this gives the same message but then disconnects. So I can't get a connection via SSH and am currently using telnet to get around this (it's less secure - but I currently connect in over a VPN, so it's doable, but not as simple as it would be with SSH)

Now I am using plink to try and script an instruction - plink gives an error of "server refused to start a shell/command" then disconnects.
I assume this is the same issue as "server refused to allocate PTY" but with different wording. The inability to run this script is causing me an issue, and I am hoping to get the situation resolved.

A search on the internet seems to indicate when connecting in via SSH, the client terminal request the server give a "priority terminal" (PTY?) - presumably this is *nix functionality and not supported on the Vigor?

Can anyone advise what is causing this and how I can fix it?

Regards:
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fchef
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
27 Mar 2016 15:27 #2 by fchef
Replied by fchef on topic Re: SSH login error- "shell refused"
Hello, I have the answer for you.
Use the Serverauditor app from google play store, but the version 2.2.10 ( I have contacted them for that specific Draytek issue)
If this newer version is not ready shown yet in the play store (as it is under stage-rollout phase) get it here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x069pg340xle0g/Serverauditor-app-google-release%282.2.10%29.zip?dl=0

You may need a router reboot if it is still stuck with ssh key exchange
BTW Vigor 3900 does not have this issue

Also this works (if i remember well) but it is not as good as serverauditor
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobileSSH.feng.gao

• icarusbop
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2016 15:45 #3 by icarusbop
Replied by icarusbop on topic Re: SSH login error- "shell refused"

fchef wrote: Hello, I have the answer for you.
Use the Serverauditor app from google play store, but the version 2.2.10 ( I have contacted them for that specific Draytek issue)
If this newer version is not ready shown yet in the play store (as it is under stage-rollout phase) get it here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x069pg340xle0g/Serverauditor-app-google-release%282.2.10%29.zip?dl=0

Hello - thanks fro your suggestion: I have had a look at Server auditor and it seems good.
Unfortunately, need the premium items of snippets which I don't mind paying for (£3.59) that's all fine, but it's a yearly subscription, so I believe I have to keep paying every year to use the snippets. This, I don't think is fine.

Thanks anyway.
Ian