• aneng
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Mar 2016 17:49 #1 by aneng
Can this be done with a Draytek ? was created by aneng
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can offer some advice on whether the following problem can be solved with a Draytek router (say a 2830, or anything with a WAN2 Ethernet port).

I am trying to set up WiFi in my office that advertises two separate WLANs (SSIDs), one for public use that goes out of a separate ADSL line and one for staff use that connects to the office LAN. Both WLANs have to be Natted (there aren't enough free addresses in the corporate LAN). The public one natted just like any home internet connection, say on 192.168.1.0/24 going to the ADSL port on the Draytek, the Office one must also be natted to another private range BEFORE it hits the office LAN. - e.g. the corporate SSID clients would all get, say 192.168.2.0/24 addresses and get natted to the office LAN on, say, 172.10.10.0/25. The corporate LAN would connect in on the WAN2 port on the Draytek. The two traffic streams would hit the Draytek on different Ethernet ports, say P1 is the public traffic and P2 the corporate traffic.

The public side of it is straightforward, it's just a regular internet connection using NAT, DHCP and going out of an ADSL line. The corporate side however would also need NAT and DHCP (both on a different network to the public side) and go out of the WAN2 port.

So, on to the questions ! :
Is a Draytek capable of running two DHCP servers that can issue at least 100 addresses on each network on their respective ports ?
Can it NAT one network to the ADSL line whilst simultaneously Natting a different network out of the WAN2 port ?

Many thanks for any suggestions !

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2016 19:34 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Can this be done with a Draytek ?
I believe a Vigor 2960 can do it... but from the wording you don't have a product yet so shouldn't be using the forum please. Ask DrayTek for pre-sales advice.

Forum Administrator

• aneng
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Mar 2016 22:44 #3 by aneng
Replied by aneng on topic Re: Can this be done with a Draytek ?
Thanks for that. I am a Draytek owner. I personally own three. My employers own hundreds. My statement on registering for the forum was truthful.

Don't worry, I've worked it out myself. I can do it on a 2830. I've just finished testing it and it's working a treat. :D

More
29 Mar 2016 09:09 #4 by admin
Ooops, sorry about that then. :oops:

Forum Administrator

More
29 Mar 2016 10:48 #5 by admin
Hang on... A vigor 2830 can't run two DHCP servers can it ? I'm not even sure it supports multiple subnets (er, but I don't have one to check); if so, I stand corrected.

Forum Administrator

• aneng
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2016 17:04 #6 by aneng
Replied by aneng on topic Re: Can this be done with a Draytek ?
It does. It supports four separate LANs, each with their own DHCP server. OK, they are fixed at 192.168.1.0/24 up to 192.168.4.0/24 but that's fine for my purposes.