• jhalfhide
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
31 Mar 2016 22:50 #1 by jhalfhide
DrayTek 2820 VLAN & CSM Setup was created by jhalfhide
Hi there,

First time DrayTek user, having mostly dealt with DD-WRT in the past. I am most of the way there, except in two areas. I have my guest wifi (VLAN1) up and running but was wondering if it can be set so that VLAN1 runs a seperate DHCP range to VLAN0? In addition, I was wondering if you can set CSM profiles to only be active for certain VLAN's (so that I can filter guest internet access).

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• macavity
  • User
  • User
More
01 Apr 2016 14:08 #2 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Re: DrayTek 2820 VLAN & CSM Setup
The 2820 doesn't support multiple lans & DHCPs unfortunately. The DSL models from 2830 onwards do.

• jhalfhide
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Apr 2016 15:21 #3 by jhalfhide
Replied by jhalfhide on topic Re: DrayTek 2820 VLAN & CSM Setup
Thanks.

I've just finished a workaround whereby I've allocated everything in the house an IP outside of the DHCP range (major effort finding every device in the house). Anything a guest brings will join the usual DHCP range which I have set to be part of the CSM/Firewall filter rule. Tested and all working great but took a few hours. Will just have to remember to do a MAC IP Bind on anything new I buy. It looks like I can allocate IP's to VPN clients so will put those outside the DHCP range too so i'm not filtered when I VPN in.

• macavity
  • User
  • User
More
01 Apr 2016 22:24 #4 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Re: DrayTek 2820 VLAN & CSM Setup
Nice!