Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VigorAP 800 - Help!

• texeirc
  • Topic Author
More
06 Apr 2016 20:55 #1 by texeirc
VigorAP 800 - Help! was created by texeirc
Good evening guys,

So I've just recently purchased a VigorAP 800 as the router (Vigor2860n ) is 2 floors down. There is an ethernet cable coming up straight into my room and connected to the VigorAP 800.

Connection isn't a problem, everything is working as expected apart from one thing. I can either have the Wi-Fi on or can have my pc or any machine connecting via CAT5e.

I'm sure it's possible to configure it so I can have a Wi-Fi signal and machines at the same time? I mean, obviously right? But I can't seem to figure it out.

Could I get some help? Do I need to access my gateway and configure the settings manually?

Many thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2016 13:03 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: VigorAP 800 - Help!
Sorry, do you mean you have multiple machines and you want some on Wifi and some wired? that's fine, as you use the AP-800's 4 port switch for the connection
to downstairs and up to 3 wired devices upstairs... ? Don't use the LAN-B port by mistake.

Forum Administrator

• texeirc
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2016 23:37 #3 by texeirc
Replied by texeirc on topic Re: VigorAP 800 - Help!

admin wrote: Sorry, do you mean you have multiple machines and you want some on Wifi and some wired? that's fine, as you use the AP-800's 4 port switch for the connection
to downstairs and up to 3 wired devices upstairs... ? Don't use the LAN-B port by mistake.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Nope, I don't want some machines on Wi-Fi and some on wired, all the machines I have in my room I wanted wired. Which are my computer, Smart TV, Xbox one and my Sky box. While them all connected by the four ports on my AP-800, I also want the Wi-Fi boosting out to connect my Laptop wirelessly and my iPhone. The problem I have is, my wired connection
works but the wireless doesn't, when I put the ethernet cable coming from the router into the LAN B port the wireless works, but the wired connections don't? but when I put the main ethernet coming from the router into the A1(poe) port the wired connections work but the wireless is no longer on?

I don't know if I'm explaining this properly! But Yeah...

More
07 Apr 2016 23:46 #4 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: VigorAP 800 - Help!
I think you may be misunderstanding LAN A & B. LAN A (Ports 1-4) are common to each other and feed the wireless. LAN B, is separate/isolated so you would not expect a device/feed wired on LAN A to be able to communicate with LAN B... that is unless there is a setting on the AP-800 which makes LANA & B common - i.e. allows interlan routing... but I don't have an AP800 to check. So, use LAN A only, and ensure that whichever wireless SSID you wish to use, is the one on LAN A.

Forum Administrator