DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Router lagging every 2 months

• steveo888
  • Topic Author
More
12 Apr 2016 11:30 #1 by steveo888
Router lagging every 2 months was created by steveo888
Hi all, I have a 2860vn+ it's probable 2years+ old and roughtly every 2 months it needs rebooting because my internet connection becomes unusable very laggy, even the Draytek login page renders so slow, after a reboot everything is back to normal, I'm on BT Infinity 2 - 69Mbdown 19Mb up, just wondered if anybody knows what might be causing this,and how I can trouble shoot this, I think it's always happened I'm on Latest firmware
Thanks for any help
steveo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2016 12:26 #2 by aweaton
Replied by aweaton on topic Re: Router lagging every 2 months

steveo888 wrote: Hi all, I have a 2860vn+ it's probable 2years+ old and roughtly every 2 months it needs rebooting because my internet connection becomes unusable very laggy, even the Draytek login page renders so slow, after a reboot everything is back to normal, I'm on BT Infinity 2 - 69Mbdown 19Mb up, just wondered if anybody knows what might be causing this,and how I can trouble shoot this, I think it's always happened I'm on Latest firmware
Thanks for any help
steveo

Why not just schedule a reboot once a week (System Maintenance >> Reboot System)? Mine reboots every Sunday morning automatically.

• steveo888
  • Topic Author
More
12 Apr 2016 15:19 #3 by steveo888
Replied by steveo888 on topic Re: Router lagging every 2 months
I was more after trying to find out why and is it normal?
Thanks for the suggestion though
steveo

• admin2
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
More
14 Apr 2016 11:40 #4 by admin2
Replied by admin2 on topic Re: Router lagging every 2 months
It could be VDSL errors. Check the line stats in the DSL Status under Diagnostics to see if anything has changed. For reference take a screen shot while the line is fine so that you can compare before and after.

Try unplugging the VDSL line rather than the router. This would force a VDSL synch so if it's something due to the line forcing a fresh synch might help identify if its the router or the line that's causing the issue.

• steveo888
  • Topic Author
More
17 Apr 2016 17:35 #5 by steveo888
Replied by steveo888 on topic Re: Router lagging every 2 months
Thanks for that, I've captured a screenshot of the dsl status Diagnonosis page and Tone page, and will compair when things go haywire again
Thanks
Steveo
Ps Just thought If I was getting a lot of line errors, wouldn't the Interleave depth raise? Mine always seems to be on 1?

• admin2
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
More
19 Apr 2016 16:49 #6 by admin2
Replied by admin2 on topic Re: Router lagging every 2 months
I think that a disconnection every 2 months probably isn't enough for any line management the ISP might have in place to kick in and reduce the line speed or enable interleaving. If the line is able to maintain synch what I believe would happen is bitswap and seemless rate adaptation would take place to use different bit loading on the tones and lower the line rate.

If you notice a VDSL re-synch then take another screenshot of the DSL status and tone page each time.