Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Multiple Lans - Draytek 2830 Help

• gtech
  • Topic Author
More
18 Apr 2016 13:16 #1 by gtech
Multiple Lans - Draytek 2830 Help was created by gtech
Hi,

I have done a search on the forum and cannot find what I am looking for so I thought "ask the question".

I have a Draytek 2830 which has been working great for a good while now. I now have a requirement to setup a seperate LAN for another use. The IP will be 192.168.2.0 and this will be on Port 2 of the 2830

I followed various web pages I had gathered and all looked straight forward, however in reality its a no go. The computer on Port 2, does not get an IP address and therefore never leaves the site.

I configured DHCP on LAN2

The Following is what I currently have configured under LAN - GENERAL

and in the VLAN Section:

Now I believe I have clearly misread some instructions and hence why the PC on the Port 2 does not get an IP address in the range 192.168.2.x or in fact get any internet access.

I think I have been round and round with these instructions, that I am now totally baffled where I have gone wrong, and am hoping someone can see where the mistake is and clarify for me please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gtech
  • Topic Author
More
18 Apr 2016 13:52 #2 by gtech
Replied by gtech on topic Re: Multiple Lans - Draytek 2830 Help
Slight update. I think I had misconfigured one of the switches. I now have an attached laptop, picking up the IP address etc etc. However, still falling at the hurdle...... the device does not get any internet connectivity.

More
18 Apr 2016 16:53 #3 by aweaton
Replied by aweaton on topic Re: Multiple Lans - Draytek 2830 Help
Under LAN >> General Setup you need to change the setting from For Routing Usage to For NAT Usage.

• gtech
  • Topic Author
More
19 Apr 2016 06:21 #4 by gtech
Replied by gtech on topic Re: Multiple Lans - Draytek 2830 Help

aweaton wrote: Under LAN >> General Setup you need to change the setting from For Routing Usage to For NAT Usage.

Thanks.... Just as you had posted this I decided to give that option a try :D All working now.

Appreciate the time taking to response, thanks