Sonos amps not being seen when accessing network via AP900

• xsiv
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Apr 2016 17:47 #1 by xsiv
Hi,

New to Draytek products, but they were recommended to me as solid reliable performers. My problems started with a very intermittent Virginmedia SuperHub II that required rebooting every couple of days. On the router sat (wirelessly) a number of laptops, iOS devices and x4 Sonos Connect amps, when the SuperHub was up an running everything worked smoothly. I decided to spend a little money on the Draytek equipment and at the same time extend the wireless access so, I purchased a Vigor 2925ac and an AP900. I got them both setup, but could only use the AP900 in Universal Repeater Mode as I have no CAT cables running to its location. I can connect to either the 2925ac or the AP900 and access the internet, I can browse hardware hardwired to the AP900 while I am connected wirelessly to the 2925ac so, it all seems to work in its basic form. The problem lies when I want to use my Sonos system, it is wirelessly connected to the 2925ac and I can see the various connect amps and play music while my iOS device is connected via the 2925ac, but if I roam and connect via the AP900 I can no longer see any of the Sonos conncet amps. If I use an IP scaner on my phone such 'Fing' the Sonos connect amps are clearly shown as being attached to the network with an IP address assigned. It seems to be an issue with certain information being blocked or restricted between a device connected on the main router and the control from a device on the AP or the other way round.

Has anybody come across this same problem, and if so, how did they overcome it?

xsiv

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.