• shaneoh1980
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Apr 2016 11:55 #1 by shaneoh1980
Single outbound static IP address was created by shaneoh1980
Hi all,

We've just installed a new Draytek 2860 with 2 WANs connected - although I've temporarily disabled the backup option as it was causing all connections to crash.

Our company needs to ensure that all outbound connections appear on a single IP address and I thought I had configured this to be the case, however all staff members are showing different addresses from the range of static IPs our ISP provided us. I'm not sure why. The screen shots below show both our WAN config and our WAN IP Alias popup box. Note that I have unticked "Join NAT IP Pool" for all addresses, but I have also tried it with this ticked (this is how we usually have it set up, as I thought I needed that box ticked to use the addresses in the NAT section, but now I'm not sure).

It seems like ensuring ALL connections on on IP address should be really easy, but I just don't seem to be able to do it - can someone please advise on what I am missing?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• macavity
  • User
  • User
More
22 Apr 2016 12:11 #2 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Re: Single outbound static IP address
Typically the Join NAT IP pool should be unticked for all but the first address. That way only this address is used as the presented WAN IP for outgoing NAT devices.

If you'd changed it but not rebooted, then perhaps the old setting was still in effect?

• shaneoh1980
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Apr 2016 12:17 #3 by shaneoh1980
Replied by shaneoh1980 on topic Re: Single outbound static IP address
I just rebooted again to be certain and nothing changed. It's odd - only the .135 address is ticked, and this is the address listed when I first log into the router under that WAN, yet when I check my IP address online I get the .131 address. So I don't know what else to do.

As a side note does unticking all of those addresses mean they won't be available to me in the NAT section? We use these to direct traffic for various applications we host in house.

• macavity
  • User
  • User
More
22 Apr 2016 13:58 #4 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Re: Single outbound static IP address
They'd be available for NAT.

Do you have any policy route rules setup ? Perhaps this is affecting the outbound IP.

Confirm that the .135 address is the address that you're seeing in the Online Status page.

• shaneoh1980
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Apr 2016 14:25 #5 by shaneoh1980
Replied by shaneoh1980 on topic Re: Single outbound static IP address
D'oh. I have a policy for routing in place from when there were two connections running. I had set the .131 address.

Thank you so much.