• shaneoh1980
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Apr 2016 14:10 #1 by shaneoh1980
Idle sessions disconnect every 60 minutes was created by shaneoh1980
Hi all,

We recently installed a new Vigor 2860 when we moved offices. We were using the same model in the previous office but a different unit.

Since moving we have found that people are being disconnected after 60 minutes. When I say disconnected, two different staff members today had open SSH sessions and then received notification these had been disconnected. In my case mine had been idle for some time but I'm not sure about the other staff member. It's strange because it seems schedule - my colleague noticed this happened to him at 11:50 and then 12:50. Then I noticed mine happened at 13:50.

I have trawled through the settings and can't find anything relating to this. Everything I find online is in reference to the VPN function, which we don't use.

Does anyone have any ideas that could help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2016 14:38 #2 by g6ifs
DHCP Lease time?

More
29 Apr 2016 15:07 #3 by admin3
Which firmware is on the router? If it's happening at a fixed time, it's unlikely to be the session timeout settings ("portmaptime -l" in the CLI)

Possibly check syslog output to see if the router is closing the sessions and whether the router is stable during those times?

Forum Administrator

• shaneoh1980
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Apr 2016 15:22 #4 by shaneoh1980
Replied by shaneoh1980 on topic Re: Idle sessions disconnect every 60 minutes
Firmware is 3.7.4.1.

I've enabled Syslog and I have it running to see if anything comes up. Nothing so far.

Output from running that command is:

portmaptime -l

Current setting

TCP Timeout : 86400 sec.
UDP Timeout : 180 sec.
ICMP Timeout : 10 sec.
TCP WWW Timeout: 60 sec.
TCP SYN Timeout: 60 sec.

We initially had the lease time as 86400, then changed it to 259200 when we noticed the issue last week, and also unticked the "Retrieve IPs from inactive clients periodically". However, noticed today the issue was still happening and reverted these changes.

More
29 Apr 2016 15:40 #5 by admin3
Try updating the firmware, I do recall there being an issue with SSH session handling with firmware revisions around that number. The 3.8.2.2 firmware shouldn't have that issue (as far as I'm aware :)).
If you do update the firmware, I recommend taking a config backup from the router before the update :)

Forum Administrator

• shaneoh1980
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Apr 2016 16:12 #6 by shaneoh1980
Replied by shaneoh1980 on topic Re: Idle sessions disconnect every 60 minutes
Thanks - can't try that until Monday morning but will give it a go.