Idle sessions disconnect every 60 minutes

• shaneoh1980
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 May 2016 09:28 #7 by shaneoh1980
Replied by shaneoh1980 on topic Re: Idle sessions disconnect every 60 minutes
For those interested - that firmware update is a nightmare and I don't recommend it. As soon as it was done everything went sideways. It completely messed up our load balancing/VLAN setup. We use one main fibre connection and have an ADSL connection used purely for guest access and failover, and we do this by having a VLAN using SSID2, and another VLAN using all ports plus SSID1. We point these VLANs to LAN1 and LAN2, then set LAN2 to use the ADSL connection (WAN1). This all worked perfectly well. Once I updated the firmware, no matter what I did I couldn't get off WAN1 (ADSL connection) even though all these rules were set up as before.

I ended up having to disable WAN1. I will no have to wait until tomorrow morning to roll back the firmware update.

Nightmare. So couldn't even test if this resolved the disconnection issue because we can't have people here without internet access for extended periods so that was the priority.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2016 12:32 #8 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Idle sessions disconnect every 60 minutes
This any help? http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-policy-routing-guide-v2

• shaneoh1980
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 May 2016 14:46 #9 by shaneoh1980
Not sure - it seems awfully confusing compared to how it was working before. I'll need to wait again until I get a good chance to try it, which may take awhile because again, we can't afford to have the net not working. Thanks for the link, but on the surface of it, it seems far more complicated than before. If I'm reading it correctly, then if I set the priority of both of our load balancing policies to zero, then they should operate as before. Does that seem right?

More
05 May 2016 15:07 #10 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Idle sessions disconnect every 60 minutes
I don't know I'm afraid, I've just used that guide to set up all internet access except guest network to go through WAN1 and the guest network (on LAN2/SSID2) to go through WAN2 (a wifi hotspot), with failover of WAN1 set to WAN2 and vice-versa. I left the policies on the setup pages to the defaults of 200. Seems to be working although this is all unknown territory for me....

• shaneoh1980
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 May 2016 15:34 #11 by shaneoh1980
OK, thanks a lot for the suggestion. I'll give it a go when I get a chance.