Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860ac & AP910c transmitting password in clear text

• dlangham
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
06 May 2016 17:47 #1 by dlangham
I have a 2860ac and an AP910c which connect together and are managed using the Central AP Management feature on the 2860ac, the AP910c has been setup as an operational mode of AP.
The 2860ac checks every 10 minutes for connectivity to the AP, but the username and password are transmitted in clear text and are easily picked up on the network with any sniffer. Does anyone know how this management connectivity can be secured as I am not really happy about this?

Forgot to say... both units are using the most recent firmware.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dlangham
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
14 May 2016 22:23 #2 by dlangham
Really, no replies?

More
16 May 2016 14:08 #3 by admin
I haven't checked this myself but I'd imagine it's only over the wired LAN which carries all sorts of other private data too, but hopefully they will improve/update this soon which would be much better. I doubt anyone here has intimate knowledge how it's working.

Forum Administrator

• dlangham
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
16 May 2016 23:32 #4 by dlangham

admin wrote: I haven't checked this myself but I'd imagine it's only over the wired LAN which carries all sorts of other private data too, but hopefully they will improve/update this soon which would be much better. I doubt anyone here has intimate knowledge how it's working.

Thanks admin, hopefully there will be a fix soon.