DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Setting up VDSL Modem with BT FTTC

More
21 May 2016 10:19 #7 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Setting up VDSL Modem with BT FTTC
Could be - I suffered a few disconnections at the end of April when I was doing nothing at my end. Unfortunately after the last one on April 27 my download speed dropped from 34998 (where it had been for over a year) to 32397 - and no signs of it going back up again. This is one of the things which gets peoples' goats re broadband connections.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nrms
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 May 2016 10:59 #8 by nrms
Replied by nrms on topic Re: Setting up VDSL Modem with BT FTTC
I have just been reading up about BT SIN 498 compliance for connected VDSL modems; and I wondered whether the current Vigor 2860ac firmware (3.8.2.2_VT3) is SIN 498 compliant or are we still waiting this update to arrive?

Thanks
NigelS

More
21 May 2016 14:53 #9 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Setting up VDSL Modem with BT FTTC
There's the new 3.8.2.3BT firmware on the UK site, maybe that's it?

• gembrain
  • User
  • User
More
21 May 2016 19:08 #10 by gembrain
Replied by gembrain on topic Re: Setting up VDSL Modem with BT FTTC
I'm with a 2860n+ on 3.8.2.2. STD with 548006_A/B/C HW: A.

I tried originally with the Vector 3 and it was a disaster. Then moved to using WAN2 but was still getting regular drops and not great speeds. With current setup rock solid for over 400 hours with good download and upload speeds.

QoS - OFF,
Bandwidth management - OFF. With Bandwidth management on if I do a continuous ping and then a speed test I get lost packets. With the bandwidth management off and downloading at full speed I don't get packet loss. With it on I also get a very erratic download graph from ThinkBroadband speed tester. Go figure....