DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP 900 New Firmware Issue

• chipmonk
  • Topic Author
More
27 May 2016 09:17 #1 by chipmonk
AP 900 New Firmware Issue was created by chipmonk
Since upgrading Vigor AP-900 firmware to v1.1.8 (25 May) the security settings for the 2.4 GHz wifi are not showing satisfactorily. Security does not appear to be compromised but this is a worrying issue and prevents any further wifi security change to be made - has anyone else observed this?

ChipMonk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2016 09:29 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: AP 900 New Firmware Issue
I don't see that on an AP900 that I have access to that's on 1.1.8 firmware - how many SSIDs are set up on yours and are there any spaces or special characters in the SSID names?
The one I'm looking at has two SSIDs with no spaces or special characters in them

Forum Administrator

• chipmonk
  • Topic Author
More
27 May 2016 09:54 #3 by chipmonk
Replied by chipmonk on topic Re: AP 900 New Firmware Issue
I also have two SSIDs, no special characters or spaces, both 11g + 11n, AES on one, AES + TKIP and isolated member on the second - however I cannot confirm this because all this info is now blanked out and mode drop-down has nothing there on appropriate web page.An error appears "there was a problem with this request" if I try to change anything.

I never had this with any earlier firmware and attempting to reinstall v1.1.8 doesn't change anything

ChipMonk

More
27 May 2016 09:57 #4 by admin3
Thanks, that rules out the most common causes, I recommend contacting support about this issue.
It may also be worth trying a different browser, I've checked using Firefox each time, maybe it behaves differently with different browsers?
Also because the new firmware added a new menu option, try clearing the browser cache for that AP's web interface (usually Ctrl+F5)

Forum Administrator

• chipmonk
  • Topic Author
More
27 May 2016 10:05 #5 by chipmonk
Replied by chipmonk on topic Re: AP 900 New Firmware Issue
Thanks for the tip but it's not the browser - same on Firefox and Opera and I regularly flush cache anyway..

Whats the best route to contact support - I'd assumed they monitor this forum?

Thanks

ChipMonk

More
27 May 2016 10:07 #6 by admin3
The best way to contact support for this issue would be email support: http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery

Forum Administrator