DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP 900 New Firmware Issue

• chipmonk
  • Topic Author
More
27 May 2016 10:12 #7 by chipmonk
Replied by chipmonk on topic Re: AP 900 New Firmware Issue
Also, I've now just tried to reinstall FW v1.1.7.1 and it wouldn't take!! I'm not best pleased with all this.

ChipMonk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• chipmonk
  • Topic Author
More
27 May 2016 10:21 #8 by chipmonk
Well, second time lucky - now back to v1.1.7.1 and, guess what, 2.4GHz security setting still blanked out!! I fear that I'm in factory reset territory but haven't the time to get into all that right now.

One day I'll eventually learn - if it ain't bust, don't fix it!

Thanks for the support link.

ChipMonk

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
30 May 2016 19:22 #9 by e.ringrose
Replied by e.ringrose on topic Re: AP 900 New Firmware Issue
Have you tried doing a factory reset and then restore configuration from before upgrade ?

• chipmonk
  • Topic Author
More
31 May 2016 10:01 #10 by chipmonk

Have you tried doing a factory reset and then restore configuration from before upgrade ?

Yep, I've now done all that and no change. However I have discovered that this phenomenon is indeed browser related. On Dolphin on iPad I can see the "missing security fields" and also on Windows 10 Internet explorer 11. Why this glitch should manifest itself on security fields related to 2.4 GHz but not 5 GHz is one of a number of mysteries but at least, as I suspected, my wifi security has not been compromised. I simply have to to be very choosey over the browser I use to interogate the router.

Yet another anoyance - I choose to have the bright blue LEDS switched off to prevent light contamination at night. However I like to schedule router reboots to keep the router OS fresh. After sceduled reboot the lights are always back on even though the checkbox says they should be off.

When I bought my first Draytek router about ten years ago I thought they were in a league of their own in terms of quality and reliability. Sadly, over the years, I have found that both hardware and software standards have slipped and I suspect that future router purchases will no longer be Draytek. In my experience there have been too many failures and glitches of late - two 2170Vn's I bought for my daughters both suffered hardware failure far too early in the life cycle.

ChipMonk

More
31 May 2016 10:09 #11 by g6ifs
Replied by g6ifs on topic Re: AP 900 New Firmware Issue
Out of interest which browser is having problems?

• chipmonk
  • Topic Author
More
31 May 2016 10:20 #12 by chipmonk
Firefox x64, Opera v37, Google Chrome on Win10 x64 all fail to show the correct settings dialogue boxes.

Internet Explorer 11 (which I very rarely use) is the only Windows browser where the 2.4 GHz security settings appear to show correctly - on my setup!

ChipMonk