Draytek 3900 upgradeFail_4 Firmware not updating

• rich205
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
31 May 2016 15:53 #1 by rich205
Hi all,

I have a few draytek 3900's in different installations and im having a annoying error on one of them.

Im trying to upgrade from firmware 1.0.7.1 to anything newer but each time I get a error message saying upgradefail_4.

I have tried different firmwares from the uk and us sites, the firmware upgrade utility took and different browsers just in case it was something daft, but its always the same.

Any one got any ideas at all please.

Cheers
Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2016 17:20 #2 by g6ifs
Why use the firmware upgrade utility?
The 3900 has an update process within the firmware which worked fine when I updated two new units a while ago.

Neil..

• rich205
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
31 May 2016 21:29 #3 by rich205
Sorry I didn't word the original message very well, but thanks for the reply anyway.

Just to clear it up, I tried the firmware option in the router interface first. In fact the other 3 units which were on the same 1.0.7.1 revision upgraded fine, its just this one which came up with the upgradefail_4 error.

I only tried the firmware upgrade utility as a last resort but it didn't work either.

Cheers
Rich

• rich205
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
05 Jun 2016 23:53 #4 by rich205
Quick update,

I had help from someone at Draytek Uk on this and unfortunatley its no better.

Any firmware over 1.0.7.1 just crashes the router out with Nand errors.

I think the router may be faulty, well a faulty eprom anyway. I dont think ill bother trying to chase this up as its taking too much time to try and fix at the moment and its over 12 months old. Just hope the other 3 dont play up as it could prove costly.

Cheers
Rich