Vigor 130 setup with sky fibre

• zaper00
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Jun 2016 16:41 #1 by zaper00
Vigor 130 setup with sky fibre was created by zaper00
Hi All hope i can get a bit of help.. I've setup the vigor 130 in bridge mode to connect to sky fibre, using an asus ac87u router all seems to be working great,,.but is there a way to have the sync speed stats displayed on the router side like you'd find on the sky router had a lot of trouble with the asus dsl 68u so replaced it with this setup, also is there any way of accessing the modem setting without having to unplug the router,,sorry for the lack of know how, all this networking stuffs a bit of a mind field..lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
10 Jun 2016 11:28 #2 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Vigor 130 setup with sky fibre
Not sure if it will do it with the ASUS but if you had something like a 2860 instead that will show the link state coming off the 130 on the physical connection screen.
Then again I suppose you wouldn't need the 130 as the 2860 as its own VDSL built in

• zaper00
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Jun 2016 14:20 #3 by zaper00
Replied by zaper00 on topic Re: Vigor 130 setup with sky fibre
Yea I was able to see it on the DSL 68u ..it also had a built in modem but DLM kept dropping the speed..something to do with the chipset I believe..I had read an article that if the modem had static routing think it was that it could work..just no idea how to go about this...bit of a newbie with networking..I like the Asus layout so I was hoping to find a workaround....

• msmulian
  • User
  • User
More
11 Jun 2016 16:40 #4 by msmulian
Replied by msmulian on topic Re: Vigor 130 setup with sky fibre
If you are running the Merlin firmware on your router then this thread will let you do what you want

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/getting-modem-stats.33065/