DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPv6 on BT Infinity is live

More
02 Sep 2016 20:03 #7 by chrisw
Replied by chrisw on topic Re: IPv6 on BT Infinity is live
So my BT Infinity IPv6 is up, passing the various online IPv6 tests and carrying traffic [incidentally I had to untick the 'Block routing packet from WAN' as otherwise the IP6 tests fail the ICMPv6 messaging/packet size test].

How can I tell how much of my traffic is going IPv6 versus IPv4? For example the Diagnostics >> Data Flow Monitor seems to only show IPv4 traffic and ignores IPv6. Only IPv4 addresses are shown in the Data Flow Monitor table with no obvious way of switching to v6. I wonder if I'm missing something blindingly obvious....?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2016 07:35 #8 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: IPv6 on BT Infinity is live

ChrisW wrote: [incidentally I had to untick the 'Block routing packet from WAN' as otherwise the IP6 tests fail the ICMPv6 messaging/packet size test].

I think you need to turn that back on, otherwise the router is providing no firewalling - remember, there's no NAT.

Forum Administrator

More
05 Sep 2016 00:32 #9 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: IPv6 on BT Infinity is live

ChrisW wrote: incidentally I had to untick the 'Block routing packet from WAN' as otherwise the IP6 tests fail the ICMPv6 messaging/packet size test

Keep the routing blocked but add a filter rule in the default data filter like this if you want the icmpv6 (ping etc) to work...

Direction: WAN > LAN
Source IP: any
Destination IP: any
Service Type: Protocol 58 (ICMPv6)
Filter: Pass

More
05 Sep 2016 09:24 #10 by chrisw
Replied by chrisw on topic Re: IPv6 on BT Infinity is live

Keep the routing blocked but add a filter rule in the default data filter

Thanks, have done as suggested and all seems to work fine. Curious to know what exactly Draytek categorise as an IPv6 routing packet - can't find any documentation on this.

The original question still stands - is there any way to see how much of my traffic is going IP6 vs. IP4?

More
05 Sep 2016 09:50 #11 by aweaton
Replied by aweaton on topic Re: IPv6 on BT Infinity is live

ChrisW wrote:

Keep the routing blocked but add a filter rule in the default data filter

Thanks, have done as suggested and all seems to work fine. Curious to know what exactly Draytek categorise as an IPv6 routing packet - can't find any documentation on this.

The original question still stands - is there any way to see how much of my traffic is going IP6 vs. IP4?

Agreed, the lack of IPv6 support in Data Flow Monitor is frustrating.

More
05 Sep 2016 12:50 #12 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: IPv6 on BT Infinity is live

Curious to know what exactly Draytek categorise as an IPv6 routing packet

Pretty certain that it means "any IPv6 packet arriving at WAN part from the ISP with a destination address which matches the internal network connected to the router". Though, you are right, it does not state that anywhere.

See also my post in this other thread: http://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21079

There are a few things on the router which are currently really only working properly with IPv4.