DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Daratek 2860n and 4g Mifi via Wifi

• sheltons
  • Topic Author
More
01 Aug 2016 17:10 #13 by sheltons
Replied by sheltons on topic Re: Daratek 2860n and 4g Mifi via Wifi

Sheltons wrote: After spending some more time on this I don't think it will be possible, heres my thinking.

The Draytek connects as a universal repeater to the Wifi on the Mifi so the port forwarding on the Draytek will not work as the Mifi is the presence on the internet. So, the port forwarding would have to be done on the MiFi to the internal address of the Exchange server. The TP-Link Mifi does not have port forwarding capability so I don't think this is going to be possible due.

Happy to be corrected but I just don't see it can work. This feature on the Draytek is purely to get internet access out not allow services in.

I will forward this Posts link on to Draytek Support to see what their thoughts are but I think they will agree with my findings.

Thanks
John.

Confirmed by Draytek. Effectively Double NATing is in effect so the MiFi has to be able to do port forwarding which it can't.

Give it a year and i'll try the model you can insert a Sim Card into. At least with my half solution (MiFi) the shop can carry on trading until I get in to work, takes the presure off.

THE END.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.