• dannyboy75
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Aug 2016 10:06 #1 by dannyboy75
FortiClient SSL VPN issues with Vigor 2860 was created by dannyboy75
Hi,

This week I had to set up a new satellite office for a few of our users. For internet connectivity we ordered an EoFTTC connection, and were supplied with a Draytek Vigor 2860 router by our provider.

Our core network infrastructure includes a FortiGate firewall, so all remote workers use the associated FortiClient application to make a secure SSL-VPN connection to our main network, on port 443.

However, we are experiencing issues with the FortiClient frequently dropping out, or refusing to connect at all, when going out through this 2860 router at the new office. While troubleshooting I discovered that if I disable the default data filter, the FortiClient immediately starts working, but I don't want to leave this disabled for long (for obvious reasons).

I did try adding some rules into the filter along the lines of 'allow all outbound traffic from LAN to our FortiGate IP', but that didn't help.

Can anyone advise how we can resolve this without having to disable the router firewall completely?

many thanks

Danny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.