• ismail.ilgin
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Aug 2016 11:30 #1 by ismail.ilgin
Draytek 910c Bridge was created by ismail.ilgin
Hi All

I installed 2 access point to one place and i would like to use this 2 access point like 1. I mean if access point 1 has no signal or weak signal will connect second one without loose any connection.

i tired to use AP Bridge-WDS but couldn't do that might me i did something wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2016 14:06 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Draytek 910c Bridge
Are they both connected into the network using LAN cables, or is one of them connected to the network through wireless?

If both are connected via network cables, just set them both up in Access Point Mode with the same SSID (wireless network names) and WPA2/PSK pass-phrase and it will be possible to move between them without changing anything on the client device.
You could also use the AP assisted mobility feature if they're both connected via cable: http://www.draytek.co.uk/information/our-technology/wireless-optimisation so that the APs can intelligently disassociate clients that are further away and clients can connect to the nearest AP more quickly / reliably.

Forum Administrator

• ismail.ilgin
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Aug 2016 15:52 #3 by ismail.ilgin
Replied by ismail.ilgin on topic Re: Draytek 910c Bridge
both connected via cable to netgear adsl router.
Which one best for us for not loose connection ever? we using already with same and and password , but connection is so poor when go far from point 1, so i need some setting when connection signal down under %30-40 connected another one automatically is that possible? i think with Minimum RSSI looks possible but not quite understand :(

More
05 Aug 2016 17:14 #4 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Draytek 910c Bridge
Thanks for confirming that, in that case, it's best to keep them cabled and in Access Point Mode.

The AP Assisted Mobility should help with the issue you're seeing, I recommend using the Minimum RSSI setting on both APs, which checks with the other AP whether that client could get better signal with other APs.
You may need to change the values to fit your requirements based on your own surveying with a wifi scan utility (Android phones typically list RSSI values), but the default values should work well.

Forum Administrator

• ismail.ilgin
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Aug 2016 14:35 #5 by ismail.ilgin
Replied by ismail.ilgin on topic Re: Draytek 910c Bridge

admin3 wrote: Thanks for confirming that, in that case, it's best to keep them cabled and in Access Point Mode.

The AP Assisted Mobility should help with the issue you're seeing, I recommend using the Minimum RSSI setting on both APs, which checks with the other AP whether that client could get better signal with other APs.
You may need to change the values to fit your requirements based on your own surveying with a wifi scan utility (Android phones typically list RSSI values), but the default values should work well.

Thanks i downloaded app for wifi scan and try with rssi settings.