DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Setup 2830vn-plus as AP

• aggierockdoc
  • Topic Author
More
14 Aug 2016 23:26 #1 by aggierockdoc
Setup 2830vn-plus as AP was created by aggierockdoc
I have a Draytek 2830vn-plus but have to use my ISP's default router as my gateway.

I have managed to set up my Draytek to my ISP's router with a static IP and i can see it now on the network. Also the wireless network is also working fine when i connect to the Draytek box via wifi. Thus I can connect to the wireless lan with no problem and see the internet.

Only problem is that none of the other LAN ports are functioning on the Draytek. Thus I can't use the Draytek as a switch for the other devices in my office.

Configuration has CAT6 cable in Draytek Lan1 going to Lan1 on ISP router.
Windows complains that cable connection to the Draytek is "unplugged". Cable is good and has been tested.

I'm confused by the DHCP settings. Clearly they need to be off but i'm not sure what's off or on.

Can anyone help?

LAN General setup looks like this:

Index Status DHCP IP Address
LAN 1 V - 192.168.1.2
LAN 2 192.168.2.1
LAN 3 192.168.3.1
LAN 4 192.168.4.1
IP Routed Subnet 192.168.0.1

Many thanks in advance for any assitance.

Regards

Stephen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• j1mbo
  • User
  • User
More
15 Aug 2016 07:48 #2 by j1mbo
Replied by j1mbo on topic Re: Setup 2830vn-plus as AP
Reset it to defaults, change the LAN IP to a static on your network, disable DHCP for LAN(1), set the wireless SSID/PSK as required - that's it!

If you have other APs, set them all to the same SSID and PSK (pass phrase) but use different channels like 1,6,11 in 2.4GHz band, and your devices will seemlessly roam between them based on signal strength.

Hope that helps.

• aggierockdoc
  • Topic Author
More
02 Sep 2016 16:56 #3 by aggierockdoc
Replied by aggierockdoc on topic Re: Setup 2830vn-plus as AP
J1mbo

Thanks for responding.

Do you have any ideas as to why the other LAN ports on the Draytek router (now access point) are not functioning?

I see no LED lights on the LAN2 connection socket and get a "network is unreachable" message when i ping the gateway

If you can think of any diagnostic tasks I could carry out to find out the problem I would be grateful.

Regards

Stephen