Vigor 2820n ADSL stats

• countryman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
03 Sep 2016 11:12 #1 by countryman
Vigor 2820n ADSL stats was created by countryman
I've been having intermittent line dropout/error problems and after Googling a bit came across reference in one of Draytek's archived documents (https://www.draytek.co.uk/archive/kb_vigor_linefaults.html) for the Vigor router showing that Show ADSL (via telnet) would display an ATM cell that would give me stats on corrected/uncorrected blocks. My plan was to use this information in quasi-realtime to sense whether or not our random slow internet connection was due to line errors or the remote web-server.

So I bought a 2820n but when I use the Show ADSL command, I don't see very much information of use. Is there a better command for the 2820 or have I chosen the wrong router?

If the latter, can anyone please recommend one that will help me in my research into the line pproblems ?

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2016 09:48 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Vigor 2820n ADSL stats
The router it references there is the Vigor 2800 series, which used an older chipset and interfaced differently. You can get equivalent information with the commands:
"adsl status"
and
"adsl status more"
in the router's CLI. I also recommend checking the Command Line Reference from here: http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads to see if there are additional commands that are useful to you.

I believe that the router would also have SNMP information for this as well.

Forum Administrator

• countryman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Sep 2016 11:02 #3 by countryman
Replied by countryman on topic Re: Vigor 2820n ADSL stats
You're a star!!

That adsl status more command worked a treat on my 2820n. The more option didn't feature in any manuals or websites that I could find for the 2820n.

No need for me to have gone and bought that 2832 !!