DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Setting Draytek 2960 up as a vpn server

More
06 Sep 2016 21:30 #1 by the pit
I would like to connect to the my home network via vpn. This can be from anywhere. Looking at the vpn setup the big spanner in the works is that it needs the ip address from where you are connecting. Not much use then.
I verified this is the case by using my phone as a mobile hot spot and connecting my mac to that. Without the ip address of the phone you cannot connect.
Any ideas round this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2016 09:28 #2 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: Setting Draytek 2960 up as a vpn server
Which type of VPN are you using from your phone? PPTP...etc.

I have mine set up and working fine with PPTP dial in and it does not need the client (phone) IP to be set at the server end (home)?

Mine is on 2860, though the firmware is a bit different on the 2960, I cannot imagine that it will not be able to do a PPTP dial in from a mobile client. Maybe it's just a bit weird about the way it names the settings. Had a look in the 2960 manual but it's a little less help than it could be!

More
07 Sep 2016 18:28 #3 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Setting Draytek 2960 up as a vpn server
Yeh the manual is useless. Found a draytek online doc which didn't mention setting up an ip address but you had to to get it to work.

More
07 Sep 2016 20:00 #4 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Setting Draytek 2960 up as a vpn server
Fixed it. Basically ignore the manual and go the faq's on drayteks site and look at teleworker for 3900

More
08 Sep 2016 10:50 #5 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Setting Draytek 2960 up as a vpn server
Although I think you've found your answer already, Dial-In VPN accounts are configured through User Management on the Vigor 3900 and Vigor 2960 routers:
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-teleworker-smartvpn-ssl-3900

Forum Administrator