• avwwva
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Oct 2016 18:54 #1 by avwwva
3900 lockups with VLANs was created by avwwva
Hi,

I'm busy setting up a Vigor 3900 on a site where 38 VLANs are needed (the 3900 spec sheet states it supports up to 50). So I performed a proof of concept with 7 VLANs, which worked fine.

Last night I proceeded to add the additional 31 VLANs, which took quite a while, but seemed to complete OK. However, this morning the router was unresponsive when I tried to access the management interface. Tried a reboot - no luck.

So I did a factory reset, then restored the configuration backup I made last night. After the reboot - same story - locked up router.

I did another factory reset, restored the 7 VLAN configuration backup, which worked fine. I started adding the additional VLANs, but the router locked up again when I got to about 20 VLANs. Rebooted, came back up OK, added 6 more VLANs, router locked up again. Again, rebooted, came back up OK, added 5 more VLANs, router locked up.

>sigh<

Has anybody ever set up a similar number of VLANs on a 3900 before, and if so, could you offer any tips for getting this set up properly? I'm meant to install this device this weekend, so any help would be much appreciated.

Adriaan

PS Router is on the latest firmware 1.2.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.