• mark_t
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
31 Oct 2016 13:30 #1 by mark_t
Previous UK Firmware Versions was created by mark_t
Hi
I'm new to Draytek kit and I recently bought a 2860ac to replace my BT Hub4 with separate vdsl modem. It came supplied with F/W 3.8.2.3_VT1 and all was well. I recently upgraded to 3.8.4_BT and unfortunately this coincided with a local OpenReach outage in my area and Sync speed is a bit down and SNR fluctuating a bit but is now setlling down again to 6dB up/5dB down.
The thought occured that if I wanted/needed to downgrade the firmware, which version should I use? The suppled firmware, I presume, is
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2860/Firmware/v3.8.2.3/Vigor2860_v3.8.2.3-01v_en.zip from the draytek.com server.
My question is, where are the draytek.co.uk previous versions located, which include the BT specific versions?
Apologies if this is a dumb newbie question.

Regards,
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2016 14:07 #2 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: Previous UK Firmware Versions
I'm sure there was a uk ftp but I've not been able to find it (recently) however they do not delete the last release when they update the page links so you can work out what the url should be. In the case of the 3.8.2.3BT version for 2860xx models it's http://www.draytek.co.uk/download/support/v2860_3823_BT.zip or _vector1.zip etc.

I would, however, recommend that you try F/W 3.8.4 (567517 / vector1) if you were happy with 3.8.2.3_VT1 since it's more the modem code (567517) that affects the line that the actual fw version.

• mark_t
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
31 Oct 2016 15:08 #3 by mark_t
Replied by mark_t on topic Re: Previous UK Firmware Versions
Cheers for the info, jedi98 - I'll have a go with the vector1 version. Main (minor) problem at the moment is the sync speed is down a bit since the OpenReach outage. Previously it was 20000/79775 and now its 20000/71766. Also ping speeds are down when using speedtest.net from 6ms to about 16ms. Not a big problem but a bit annoying as a matter of principle.

More
31 Oct 2016 16:00 #4 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: Previous UK Firmware Versions
Totally agree. Had similar but with added retrains / disconnects at 2-5min intervals with all BT / vector3 an sometimes vector2. I think (no proof at all) that BT updated cabinet FW because I had same thing suddenly across 3 sites all different towns but all in Essex. Had to go to VT1 with the lower version modem code selected.

Oh, also, ping time is also likely to be due to interleaving. It'll probably turn off again as soon as it stabilises, so long as you don't have a noisy line.

• mark_t
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Nov 2016 10:51 #5 by mark_t
Replied by mark_t on topic Re: Previous UK Firmware Versions
For the sake of completeness, I thought I'd update this post.

Eventually managed (via BT telephone support!) to get an OpenReach engineer to visit. Having checked all the basics (line quality etc) he cleared all the errors, reset the vdsl connection and all is back to normal. Sync speeds 20000/79995. Obviously the 'intellegent line management' wasn't able to recover from the initial outage.

Router is still running 3.8.2.3_VT1 - will leave it a while for the sake of line stability before upgrading to probably 3.8.4_VT1

Cheers.