AP900 Firmware Failed

• jeremypiper
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Nov 2016 14:35 #1 by jeremypiper
AP900 Firmware Failed was created by jeremypiper
I have 2 AP900s centrally managed from Vigor 2925, they are connected to the vigor 2925 via an Ethernet cables to provide wireless coverage across the whole house. I centrally tried to update the firmware of the AP900s to version 1.1.8.2. from the Vigor 2925 however this has failed as the AP900 act light continually blinks for a minute or two then all the LED lights come for a few seconds and then it reverts back to the ACT light blinking.

Anyone know how to recovery the AP900s as the factory reset did not resolve this on one of the units and I have failed to login into them or be able to use the recovery tool to re flash the firmware.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2016 19:22 #2 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: AP900 Firmware Failed
This applies to draytek routers http://www.draytek.com/?a=resource/update&action=post/update&id=1852 , they built it deep into the core of all the routers. and I have no reason to think that they built the AP900 differently. They always used to send out a client on the CD, don't know if that's still true.

• jeremypiper
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Nov 2016 19:43 #3 by jeremypiper
Replied by jeremypiper on topic Re: AP900 Firmware Failed
Thanks Jedi98, that worked a treat. It was the setting a static IP address on my laptop that was the key and the link you gave me showed me how to do that. Both are working correctly now.