• simonbritton
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Nov 2016 13:03 #1 by simonbritton
2925 Port Forwarding range bug? was created by simonbritton
Hi,

There appears to be a bug when attempting to use the range option in port forwarding on the 2925 under UK firmware 3.8.2.3 (latest as I type), the destination port range box seems to be in the wrong place and unable to take input resulting in the whole thing being unusable, it fails to work as it has insufficient information.

Anyone know a workaround in the command line to add a range? See example below for a visual; explanation.

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to forward a lot of ports for a customers Mitel teleworkers phones at the moment and cant put them all in as individual ports, theres just too many in a few of the ranges.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2016 13:40 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: 2925 Port Forwarding range bug?
That's not a bug so much as how the feature works. The idea is that the Port Redirection - Range feature actually forwards the same Internal port to a range of IP addresses with the External port and IP addresses increasing sequentially.
i.e. External port 100 to 110
IP 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.110
Internal port of 80
Access to port 100 would forward to 192.168.1.100 on port 80
Access to port 107 would forward to 192.168.1.107 on port 80

In this case, it's not going to work because the feature supports a range of up to 253 IP addresses.

To get this working the way you want to, please use Open Ports instead.

Forum Administrator

• simonbritton
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Nov 2016 14:22 #3 by simonbritton
Replied by simonbritton on topic Re: 2925 Port Forwarding range bug?
Using open ports appears to solve my problem though so thanks for the suggestion.

I still think it is a bug in the gui though, the way it supposedly works doesnt make much sense really and I cant think of a use for that (on all Draytek routers).

Thanks again for the workaround

It would make much more sense if it was like the pic below I altered in photoshop (and fall in to line with many other routers port forwarding options)

More
09 Nov 2016 15:29 #4 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: 2925 Port Forwarding range bug?
I agree with you, being able to map a range to another range would be quite useful and perhaps the existing setting should be renamed as "Range to IP", with your suggestion being "Range to Range".
I think making a support ticket to request that, would be the best way to see that feature change :)

Forum Administrator