Lost access to P2261

• d_p_i_t
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Dec 2016 10:50 #1 by d_p_i_t
Lost access to P2261 was created by d_p_i_t
I unable to administer my p2261, what am I doing wrong?

I connected to my p2261 via ethernet on its default IP 192.168.1.226, then changed the IP to 10.0.0.5. I am now unable to reach the new or old IP (ensuring my own IP is in the same subnet) so I resorted to trying to connect via the console port, here I am having no joy but I think this is my only option now?

My console access attempts have been:

using the provided console cable to my PC's COM1, using Putty to Serial connect with baud 115200 and 57600 (bits 8, flow none, parity none)
using the provided console cable to my PC's COM1, using an old hyperterminal exe to connect with baud 115200 and 57600 (bits 8, flow none, parity none)

When setting to 57600, I seem to get a pulse of some random symbol every five seconds, but I cannot interact with the switch

I tried the reset button (held until all port lights lit and released) but nothing changed as a result

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eveares
  • User
  • User
More
19 Apr 2017 14:59 #2 by eveares
Replied by eveares on topic Re: Lost access to P2261
I know it's late, but did you go to Maintenance > Save/Restore > Save Start and save the start configuration?

• gilbad
  • User
  • User
More
26 Apr 2017 20:21 #3 by gilbad
Replied by gilbad on topic Re: Lost access to P2261
As you've said default baud according to docs is 115200, Data bits 8, Stop bits 1, No Parity, No Flow Control.
- worth checking the stop bit as you didn't mention them above.

Try with 57600, Data bits 8, Stop bits 1, No Parity, No Flow Control.
Try with 9600, Data bits 8, Stop bits 1, No Parity, No Flow Control. (someone at one of my sites is obsessed with changing all serials ports to this).
If the settings of the switch have been reset to default, the ip address of the switch will be 192.168.1.1 - this is worth a go too.

Good luck

Lol - I've just seen how old this post is :o